Stone Creek Community Park in Rancho Cordova has a rich history dating back to the early 1900s. The land that the park now occupies was originally used for farming and ranching, and in fact, the park’s name is derived from a nearby creek that was used to irrigate crops.
In the 1970s, the city began to develop the area into a community park, and over the years, the park has grown to include a playground, pavilions, picnic areas, BBQs, sports fields, basketball court, skate parks, and more.
Today, the community park is a popular destination for locals and visitors alike, and it remains an important part of Rancho Cordova’s history and community.
When you’re at this place, be sure to keep an eye on your kids. There are a few things to remember when letting them play at the playground:
- The playground is surrounded by a fence, so make sure they stay within the boundaries.
- There are a few different levels of the playground, so make sure they are aware of the height difference and know how to use each piece of equipment properly.
- There are a few pieces of equipment that can be dangerous, like the metal slides, so be sure they know not to climb on them.
- There is a lot of open space at the park, so make sure they stay close to you and don’t wander off.
On the other hand, the pavilion in the park is a popular spot for gatherings and events. It’s important to remember that it is first come, first served, so make sure to arrive early if you want to reserve it for your group. There’s also plenty of room for kids to run around and play, so it’s the perfect spot to spend a summer day.
When picnicking at the community park, remember the following:
- There are many designated areas for picnicking, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
- There are several BBQs areas throughout the park, so you can easily cook up a meal. Just make sure to bring your own charcoal and utensils.
- Be sure to clean up after yourself, and leave the park in better condition than you found it.
The park does not allow any alcoholic drinks to be brought into the park. This is an alcohol-free park, and anyone caught with alcoholic drinks will be asked to leave. This policy is in place to ensure that everyone enjoys their time at the park safely and responsibly.
Also, the community park does not allow alcoholic drinks in any of its parks due to the fact that it is against the law to possess or consume alcohol in public places. In addition, drinking alcoholic beverages can lead to disruptive and unsafe behavior, which is not allowed in our parks. And allowing alcohol into our parks would create an additional burden on our already limited resources when it comes to managing park facilities and ensuring the safety of our patrons.
When playing baseball in the diamond field in the park, there are a few things you need to remember. Make sure to stay aware of the ball at all times, as it can easily get away from you if you’re not paying attention. Then, be sure to hustle down the baseline on any ball hit your way – even if it doesn’t appear that you have a chance at getting to it. And, always remember that the park is located in a residential area, so please be respectful of the homeowners and keep the noise level down.
Aside from that, when playing basketball at the court in the park make sure to always check the availability of the court before playing. Then, be respectful of other players and don’t take up too much space on the court. And have fun and enjoy the game.
As mentioned, the community park also has a skate park that is a great place to skate. Here are some things you need to remember when skating there:
- Be aware of your surroundings – There are other people using the skate park, so be aware of their location and be sure to stay out of their way.
- Use caution when skating – The surfaces at the skate park can be rough, so use caution when skating to avoid injuries.
- Wear proper equipment – Be sure to wear proper skateboarding equipment, including a helmet, to help protect you in case of a fall.
Moreover, the park also has open grass when you can sit, walk, or just relax with your family or friends.
So whether you’re a local or just visiting Rancho Cordova, be sure to add Stone Creek Community Park to your list of places to see. Discover more about California here